We have acted for people buying new homes in the South East and London for over 20 years. Buying a new build property is different from buying from an individual. Many new build properties are sold “off plan” during the construction stage with buyers often having only seen the show home. Unlike most solicitors, we are very familiar with the concept and have helped thousands buy their new build property.
We are regularly recommended by developers so it is likely that we would have already acted on other properties on the development where you are buying. This means you will benefit from our existing knowledge of the site and the contractual documentation and our existing relationship with the developer and its solicitors. As a result of this, your fees will be less. You will also be on a tight deadline to exchange and our experience will enable us to help you meet it if you are able to.
The reasons to instruct us on your new build purchase:
Our Reputation and Expertise
- We are qualified and experienced conveyancers.
- We are on Developers’ panels for purchasers because we have the knowledge and determination to move your transaction to exchange quickly for you.
- We will carry out our work for you with a thorough and real understanding of the development.
- We earn the referral of work from Developers from merit, reputation and performance alone.
- We do not pay (nor indeed have ever paid) referral fees to a Developer for work.
- We act for you.
- We are accredited with the Conveyancing Quality Scheme. We are assessed annually by the Law Society for our expertise and quality of our service.
- We are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
- We have Lexcel a practice quality mark for excellence in legal practice management and client care. We are independently assessed on a regular basis.
Our Transparency on Costs
- When we provide you with a quote for our fees, this will be all of our fees – there are no extra charges. We do not make additional charges for expediting completions, acting for Lenders or for postage and telephone calls.
- There are no hidden charges at Marsons Solicitors.