Covid-19 is affecting all aspects of British life and it is no different for legal services. This is how we are planning to respond to this unprecedented situation.
There are certain measures we are taking to keep ourselves open as a business and available to you.
- Our offices are closed due to government guidance issued on the evening of 23rd March 2020 for the health and safety of our staff. We have a number of staff working from home, but the person dealing with your matter may not be your usual contact.
- Our phones will continue to operate and we can access our files digitally with remote access.
- We hope to carry on offering the same high level of service. However, taking into account that we are living in unprecedented and worrying times, please be flexible with us as we may be juggling potential illness, staff numbers and a different way of working.
- We will endeavour to meet any agreed deadlines for new or existing work, but please be aware that we cannot control third parties or agencies and their ability to meet these challenging conditions.
We are all in this together so what can you do to help?
- We are here to help you. We know you are worried. Our team too will be experiencing the same emotions.
- Please do not visit our offices. They are closed. You can contact us by telephone and email.
- We are not holding face to face client meetings until further notice. Normally we would prefer to meet you face to face, but we are able to offer telephone, email, Skype etc taking into account the current environment. This will allow us to meet your needs and alleviate any concerns especially if you are elderly or vulnerable.
- We will discuss with you any specific requirements as to original signed documentation. We will do our best to accommodate in the circumstances, but under lockdown this is likely to be limited.
- Please do not send us any post unless we ask you to. We will receive post, but there are likely to be delays in receiving this over which we have no control. Please use email until further notice.
Covid-19 is unprecedented, but we will help you whatever your legal matter. Thank you for your support and understanding.
If you are at home, now is a good time to get your affairs sorted. Covid-19 does put into perspective how crucial it is to make a Will, update an existing Will and to have Lasting Powers of Attorney (LPAs) in place.
Do call us on 020 8313 1300 if you have any queries or wish to instruct us.
Stay safe and stay in touch.
The Partners and Staff of Marsons Solicitors LLP.
24th March 2020