We have just entered a second period of lockdown in the UK.
What does this mean for our clients?
Marsons Solicitors remained operational through the spring/summer lockdown and we will continue in the same way through this second lockdown period.
The property market and the courts are still operating.
However, please note that our offices are closed to all visitors. If you need to drop off documents, you can gain access to the building and leave them in our post box in the lobby. Please ensure they are in a sealed envelope with your name clearly marked. Other than restricted access to our offices, we are continuing to work as usual.
- We have some staff working from home due to personal circumstances, however this makes no difference to our service and you can still contact them as usual.
- Our phones continue to operate as normal.
- We will endeavour to meet any agreed deadlines for new or existing work, but please be aware that we cannot control how the current lockdown conditions will affect third parties or agencies. We will let you know if this is likely to impact you.
We’re in this together, so what can you do to help?
- Please only contact us by telephone or email. Our office building is closed to customers. Access to the lobby is only available for those dropping off documents.
- Unfortunately, we can’t hold in-person client meetings, but you can communicate with us via telephone and email, and on Skype, Zoom, and other video platforms. This way, you can still speak to us and we can explain how we’ll meet your needs and alleviate your concerns.
Thank you for your patience and support during these difficult circumstances.
We are here to help and continue to provide you with efficient legal services during these unprecedented times.
Partners and staff of Marsons Solicitors
6th November 2020