Injured by a driver who can’t be found? You can still claim


    Submit enquiry

    Injured by a driver who can’t be found? You can still claim
    June 1, 2018

    If you have been injured in a “hit and run” accident and the other driver fled the scene of the accident and cannot be identified or traced by the police, then you may be able to make a claim for compensation against the Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB). The MIB is funded by the insurance premiums of law abiding drivers who do pay their car insurance and is a last resort compensator to those injured by an “untraced” driver. We have acted for many clients in claims against the MIB where the other driver was never traced and have successfully recovered thousands of pounds in compensation for them. We have lots of experience of dealing with these types of claims, so if you have been injured by an “untraced driver”, please call us on 0208 313 1300 0208 313 1300 to see how we can help!

    Example: We acted for a client who was hit head on by another vehicle that was driving dangerously on a country road. After the collision, the other driver turned his vehicle around and drove off at speed, fleeing the scene of the accident. We successfully made a claim against the MIB and our client was awarded compensation.

    The information contained in this article is intended for general guidance only. It provides useful information but it is not a substitute for obtaining legal advice as the articles do not take into account specific circumstances. So do please Contact US for legal advice on the issues raised.