Some Recent Cases – June 2014
June 13, 2014
Our commercial property, commercial litigation and commercial solicitors have been busy here at our offices in Bromley. These are some of the highlights of what we have been doing as a team: Commercial Property Transactions
- Acting on the purchase of leasehold commercial premises for a dental company.
- Acting for a Housing Association in the acquisition of surplus Local Authority Land for social housing development with planning and funding issues.
- Acting for the Leaseholders in acquiring the freehold and then attending to vary the leases to make them CML compliant and rectifying errors in previous variations.
- Acting for private commercial landlord in negotiating and surrendering lease of surplus premises of high street bank to facilitate possible development in terms of the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) Order 1995
- Instructed on behalf of commercial property landlord to commence forfeiture proceedings against tenant for breach of covenants against assignment and user.
- Acting for a commercial property Landlord whom had allowed a company into occupation of retail premises in terms of a tenancy at will the company thereafter being dissolved and the director remaining in occupation and refusing access for bank valuation in the absence of a lease whilst tendering monthly payments. Resolved by issuing a claim for possession and concluding a lease acceptable to client and the bank.
- Acting on behalf of a property development company in connection with a contractual dispute with the architect.
- Acting on behalf of a victim of fraud and advising on a freezing order in relation to property outside the jurisdiction.
- Defending against breach of an enforcement order in relation to planning matters
- Acting for a car dealership in resolving a number of consumer and business disputes
- Acting in the purchase of a rural post office and leasehold acquired by a purchaser nominated and approved by local community
- Advising on a group restructure for a software company
- Successfully acting on behalf of a senior employee in a claim for unfair dismissal and swiftly negotiating a favourable settlement in the employee’s favour without the need to commence proceedings.
- Drafting and advising on numerous compromise agreements
- Advising on a waiver of debt agreement subsequent to a variation to an agreement for the sale of shares in a company
- Applying on behalf of a bankrupt for an annulment of a Bankruptcy Order
- Acting for a limited liability partnership on the collection of outstanding debts and the enforcement of security
The information contained in this article is intended for general guidance only. It provides useful information but it is not a substitute for obtaining legal advice as the articles do not take into account specific circumstances. So do please Contact US for legal advice on the issues raised.